The Government’s London knife crime strategy is broken into 6 stages:
- Targeting lawbreakers
- Offering ways out of crime
- Keeping deadly weapons off our streets
- Protecting and educating young people
- Standing with communities, neighbourhoods and families against knife crime
- Supporting victims of knife crime.
But maybe, during current low Police resources, the Government should also mobilise the public as follows:
1. Ensure under 16’s are limited in playing violent tv games, as many tv games rewards young players to be violent, trains the young players in how to be violent, & de-sensitises the young player into violence.
2. Increase the knife crime penalty, if the knifer is a repeat offender & also if the knife crime is race &/or religion motivated.
3. Suggest that all able-bodied members of the public, can rally to the aid of a victim in a knife attack.
4. Mobilse ex-Service people, to become Private Detectives via https://www.ex-da.com/pi-training-book